Monday, March 9, 2009

Jaclyn's Tinkerbell Nursery


















This is my absolute favorite thing to look at in our new house. Although it's not completely finished (some of the parts to the dresser/changing table were broken and we're waiting for them to arrive) I'm very happy with the way it's turned out and can't wait to bring Jaclyn home to it on Thursday! I think we've spent more time on this nursery than any other room in the house! I probably shouldn't acutally say we, but rather, "Grandpa John!" (John's Dad) I think it took him three or four coats of paint to get the colors just right. The decals took hours to get up straight, and then, just when they were perfect, we realized the enamel on them wouldn't stick to the textured wall, so we had to use a spray adhesive and start all over again.
I think the best story,however, is the letters that spell her name. They were white, but Grandpa painted them to match the nursery, and once they dried, I couldn't wait for him to come back over to put them up. So, I decided, when I was home with a sprained ankle, that I would try to hang them myself; which I did, in about 3 hours with 20 extra holes per letter.
I kept having to pull the nails out and make a new hole to get the letters perfect. Needless to say,
when Grandpa came back over, he had to putty the entire wall and re-paint it. OOPS! I probably should have just waited! Good thing he loves me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! It looks so adorable!! I love the dollhouse bookshelf! You guys sure did a great job! Can't wait to meet little Jaclyn! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her room!!! You guys did an awesome job with it! I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete