Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jaclyn's 3rd Week

How cute am I?


I get a little fussy when it's time for bed



Jaclyn LOVES her swing!




We went with Great-Grandma to the vet to make sure Puss and Boots had all their shots, were flea free, and clipped their nails to make sure they're safe for me.
Mommy had some trouble getting me in the car seat today, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go.

Grandma bought this outfit, it's one of the cutest things ever!!! Unfortunately, it only lasted about an hour, then mommy was covered in spit-up.

Grandpa and Diane came to visit again

We went for a walk with Daddy this time, this is one of the pathways in our neighborhood. It's such a beautiful place to get some exercise!

I love these pictures, I couldn't decide which one to post, so I had to use both!

Jaclyn had her first doctor's appointment this week. Before weighing her, the doctor warned us that it was normal for newborns to take 4 to 6 weeks to get back to their birthweight and not to worry if she wasn't there already. Little did he know, our daughter LOVES to eat! As you can see from the scale she now weighs 9 pounds and 1.3 ounces, which is quite a bit more than the 8 pounds 4 ounces she started at. She's also grown almost 2 inches. What can we say, she's already an over-achiever!

Jaclyn's great to take in the car; the second she gets in, she falls asleep.

I had to get a picture of this outfit. My secret pal at school bought it for her this last Christmas.

Mike and Nikki came to meet Jaclyn and bring us dinner. They really put into perspective how precious our time with her is right now. Their daughter is just a year old, and has already grown up so much from when she was Jaclyn's age. They told us they had forgotten how little and cuddly newborns were, and how it seemed like such a long time ago that their daughter, Isabella, was like this; and that was only a year ago! John and I both realized that night how truly fast she is going to grow up, and how much we're going to miss this time that we have with her now. Talking with them helped us realize that we need to cherish every moment we have with her because, like the song says, "It won't be like this for long!"

Great Grandma and Grandpa Dinwiddie came to visit
My cousin, Rachel, bought this sweatshirt for Jaclyn. Although we don't know what school she'll end up at, we will definitely be doing everything we can to stress the importance of college. We even set up her college account this week!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to come visit this week. It's so exciting that we both have kids now :)

    ReplyDelete